« Home | The cogs turn » | Excitement » | My Hero's have always been Cowboys » | Quality of Education » | Lesson 4: don't judge a book by its cover. » | My first Carolina Complaint » | I love you Mom » | from Ca to WY to SC to SA nity » | Pre-Mothers Day » | So the whole idea of this blog is to keep a record... »

My Summer vacation

I was really gone for 6 weeks. I had the best time. I learned so much about people that I thought I already knew everything about.

And I met and got to hang out with some amazing new people in my life. What is a better vacation than this. Here is all the the stuff Idid. SawCarswithShannonamust (seeif you havent) flewmykiteinthepark, barbequedsteaksinsideoutburgerscornonthecobwithmustard
sauceandpeaches, wentshoppingfortheCannonlotsoftimes, joggedtwice, wenttoCasper, wateredgardens, visitedbookclub, ategreatfood, wenttoBuffaloandSheridan, sawnewnephewandvisitedwithDannieandFrank, ate Chinese, wentbacktoSheridannextday, flewkitewithnewnephewand6yearoldoneandhadtonsoffun, wentbacktoDenversawfireworks, wateredlawns, flewkiteoverflanderspark,
sawCousinRichiehitoneoutofthepark, atedinnertogetheratKris's, laughedtilmysideshurt,
taughtshannontokeepJudyquiet, wentbacktoCasperfoundmybirthdaypresentbook, wenttoWright,Gillette,Deadwood. atereally goodfoodthere, watchedCathywinlotsandmomanddadhitthewheeloffortunejackpot,
didntgettoseeBillHickokgetshot, butsawasmalldinosaurspawandhead, hadthebestpieinHillCity
andboughtafewrocks, wenttoJeffCity, (timsfamoushangout) andhuntedforagatesfoundatumbleweedandmailedittoSouthCarolina, wenttolunchanddinnerswithmostofmybookclubfriends, thenreturnedtoDenver, paintedadresserandthepaintdidntstick, boughtasewingmachine, madesomecurtainsthatwrinkled, icepackedShannonsheadwhenthespeakerfellonhim,
icepackedhisheadagainwhenhefellonthelittlelegotableandwasgrowinganantler, wenttothezootoseethepolarbearsandpenquins, wenttoarockiesagame, didntgotoBodyworks
II(toomuchofachicken) gotsickonShannonsbirthday, celebratedbirthdaywithShannonsfamily, didntwatchTimgetatattoo, gotonairplaneandcametoAtlanta, foundthecardrovehome,
gotthebestmessagefromgirlfrienddonthavetobebacktoworkuntilthursday,
sawfavoritedaughterwhogrewwhileIwasgone, huggedherandwenttobed.

In all this driving backandforth, and all the partying and fun, I have to make an observation. This summer was surprisingly filled with tons of Rules and I felt like I didnt get the same game edition that everyone was playing with. For instance:
Shannon rules:
1. He cannot be on the stairs by himself. He can climb the basement stairs but he cannot climb the second floor. ]
2. He cannot climb on the couch.
3. He cannot touch the new tv.
4. He cannot touch the remotes.
5. He cannot touch the fireplace.
6. If he does climb on the couch he cannot touch the speakers.
7. If he is on the middle floor, he cannot touch the glass top table or the contents therein.
8. He cannot touch the table by the front door or the contents therein.
9. He cannot touch the cat dish, or a speaker will fall on his head and make a mark that you cannot get off with spit.
10. He cannot have toys when he is eating. ( Actually this is an admirable rule.)
11. He shouldnt not be allowed to feed the dog his snacks.
12. He cannot eat goldfish snack crackers. Ok only this once.
13. The foods he is allowed to eat are baby foods and things that are organic. Kool-Aid is certainly not in that field.
14. He can have small amounts of ice cream, but not so much as to give him brain freeze.
15. He is not allowed to have more than 6 ounces of milk at a time, even though he throws the empty bottle at you and says I want more.
16. 6 ounces is 4 scoops of Similac not 2. ( I read that one on the can.) I was giving him "lite" formula.
17. He was not allowed to play with things in the kitchen like pots and pans, but I advocated for him and now he is, but he isnt suppose to sit in the dishwasher and help you put the plates in there.

It took me 4 days to break all these rules, and 6 weeks to learn them and my son would say, she really didnt learn them.

Rules in Casper:

1. If you borrow Moms car ask her although I was confused on this because Dad was the one who lined me out on what to do and when to be home.
2. If you borrow Moms car fill it with gas before you bring it home.
3. Leave the keys on the front seat.
4. Turn your wheels slightly as you back out of the driveway or you will scrape the bottom of car.
5. Dont let the cats out, because they do not know who you are and wont come to clacking cans even if you act like you are Cathy.
6. Without a doubt this is the strangest rule and in fact so strange that it is what prompted me to write this whole blog:
My sister, who is not considered the faint of heart by anyone, has this rule. SHE does NOT Drive at dusk, evening or night and if you DO she is just freaky.
Her adventurous expeditions that you would think she would be out on every waking moment are completely stiffled by this rule.
Here is her reason: She might hit a deer. Ok that is relevant. THere are lots of deer, they are usually along side the road, but to NOT ATTEMPT to go because of a deer? I think she has Deerfobia. I tried to explain a similar theory that people have about going to the store they might get hit by a car, so they dont leave but a DEER???? How many has she hit? A number I dont need to know, I just know that very few things stop me from doing pretty much whatever Iwant to do or need to do, and on mylist deer never appears. Heres the real clincher-----------------She has the eyesight GOD gave a vampire bat. She can see caterpillers walking down a stock of sagebrush. Perhaps that is the reason.... Maybe she sees beyond what I see when I am driving.
( I am really going to pay for even bringing up this subject just so all my readers know. )

Here is another one of her rules. This one is great, and if you learn one thing from her this should be it.
When you put your money in a gambling machine, always bet 3 or the max. Dont bet just one, because you will never get the payoff. ( I think Dad was living proof of this atleast 3 times in Deadwood.) Also Cathy Theory, hit the button to spin the wheel and every so often pull the handle manually, it confuses the machine. Ok you might think she is off her mark here, but I have seen her win, and the best part was when we only had 1.75 left, she had to give me 4 quarters or we would have had to walk back to hotel instead of riding the tram, she had 75cents left and put it in to finish off the night and hit 40$. We stayed until it was gone. What fun!!!!

Well I know you think I lead the life of luxury, 6 week vacations with the coolest kid in Denver, you are right, I do. My only advice to you, is that even though schools are the worst paying jobs in the country, the vacations are awesome.

Have a great rest of the summer, there is still 6 weeks left to get your tan.
Lisa

Rule Number 12 is no longer enforced.

And neither is 13. Still no Kool-aid, but chicken nuggets are a go!

It's odd that you know all the rules NOW...

Post a Comment