« Home

So the whole idea of this blog is to keep a record of adventures that we are having. A journal if you will. We have every intention of starting in chronicological order but that probably wont last long, but sincerely we will try.
So for those of you who are new to the Hebbert madness heres the whole story.
Met first day in first class in college. I bought Tim lunch. We dated, we got engaged, we got married June 4, long time ago. First year not much good news to report except we were expecting our first son. He was born on May 16 and is the most brilliant child ever born. We were fortunate to have generous family friends who let us buy a mobile home from them--house payment $159 a month for 5 years. Their kindness will never be forgotten. Sold the Mobile home bought and lost another little house but were blessed again to be expecting another child. Elizabeth was born May 28th the most beautiful child ever born.
Nuclear Family moved to Sunrise Area through the generosity of family we were able to buy the house we will always call home. 1940 Kingsboro Road. Lived there for 18years undeniably the happiest place on earth. Y2K we were blessed again with Daughter in Law,Tamara the brightest diamond we have in our crown. So we are looking pretty much like the Cleavers, complete with white picket fence if you have seen the house. Perfect life, Perfect world.
So we challenge ourselves to step outside the rut we are in. The same jobs, the same place, the expectation of doing things because thats what you do. The Challenge becomes this simple sentence:
IF you could live anywhere you want in the world or US where would it be and why? Well you say We cant because of .....debt, family obligations, house payments, jobs, the dog, I hate moving etc etc etc... but if you could where would you live? BECAUSE YOU REALLY CAN! You just have to want to.
So we moved to South Carolina. For those of you who know us, just skip this part and go right to my speil on Egrets.
What brings you to the South? How did you pick Mount Pleasant? We literally threw darts at map. Really and truly. Because we did research and made lists and did research and thought and called and checkout several ideas. Tim had 12 I had 16 cities that I would love to live in. We tried to eliminate them down and we finally got to 3 each. 6 very different cities. We went for weeks trying to decide. So one night after our MOTHER OF ALL GARAGE SALES!!! we took darts, 3 each. Tim said you go first and I did. I threw all of mine at once at Charleston. Because I have lived in the mountains all my life and I wanted to live "near the ocean" just once in my life. THats it thats the whole psychology of it. Tim never threw one, he just said," Well if you wanted to live near the ocean why didnt you just say it." I didnt because I didnt want him to live my dream I wanted him to have a dream too. He said, I would love to live there, and if it doesnt work out we can always move to my choices." YES WE CAN!!
This really isnt about analyzing the depth of intellect of Tim and Lisa, nor admiring the adventurous albeit mentally questionable spirit. IF you can just take one lesson away from knowing us please let it be this. We all only have so long on the planet, and I know you are right now saying ---Yeah Yeah I heard this on OPRAH, but its true, there is just so much time for each of us, so there is something you want to do, please dont wait until you retire to move to a place that has golf all year around, or warmer weather, or better fishing. Please dont wait until you can afford to change whatever it is. Affording it has nothing to do with it really. Tim and I havent been this poor since our macaroni day's but we havent been this happy... ever. Everyone should be feel like we do. YEAH YEAH, real inspirational but you are telling yourself we can t do it. My husband or wife would never do it. Well talk to them ask, is this where you want to be? Do you have different plans for when we retire? Will we ever be able to retire? If it looks like you will be working until 81 years old like Tim and I will, at least pick a place now that you want to be so that each day when you are going to work you are really digging the fact that everything is green all the time. OR you are seeing a Tree you have never seen before. Because that is where you will find Tim and I, out wondering around looking and getting our eyes full before We cannot See anymore.

If this doesnt sound like the perfect life on rollerskates then to add to our bountiful plate is this a prince was born to us. Shannon McCannon Beck Without a doubt the onlyPerfect person among us. I could tell you it just doesnt get better than this, but it does and that is what this blog is about. To tell you every exciting thing we have done and seen. So welcome to i o p pods blogspot. This is about the Journey from the Mountains to the Ocean from two unlikely explorers who drive ford foci. We have many miles to go before we sleep. See you at the park Shannon!!!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

I look forward to your musings. Welcome to the 15th most addictive drug ever. Blogging.

thank you my son. I hope you have a lawyer, I think I have disclosed more personal information about you than you would like published.

Post a Comment