« Home | BLUE Ridge Parkway from Dad-fresh from the car on ... » | ERNESTO » | Scars and Stripes together forever » | My Summer vacation » | The cogs turn » | Excitement » | My Hero's have always been Cowboys » | Quality of Education » | Lesson 4: don't judge a book by its cover. » | My first Carolina Complaint »

Floundering in South Carolina

Happy Saturday to y'all
It has been a great Saturday in Mt. Pleasant, SC. I have re-discovered my childhood hobby of a game called "Fishing". It is indeed a noble game, as one can eat the winnings. With a donation from my Mother, as was the first time I began fishing, I purchased a rod and reel combination to begin the "Fishing"as an adult. This "Fishing", as I recalled, took many hours of planning and gathering of implements before any was accomplished. True Dat. With enough gear that I could carry in a beach bucket, I set out for the ritual of my youte.
Going to the local baitshop was the ticket. The crumedgoens there told me of the fantastic fishing holes of their youth (1944) and off I went. First to saltwater for a BIG fish maybe. To a place between Sullivans Island and Isle of Palms, Just around the corner from Our Apartment by the way, to fish the waveless inlet currents of about 25 feet deep. As the day went, I caught 3 Flounder. Which , if you know fish, this is a strange one. To say they are strange is a mild term, for their eyes, both eyes, are on the same side of their little pea heads. They change color as you move them from the dark sand in water to the beach sand, and then back again in the water. wow. thats cool. then I found that they have TEETH. Yes, white, sharp pointy Teeth. and they are slippery (DUH) No, I dint get gnashed, but only due to the Kindness of Others. By the way, there are Porpoises that hang by the bridge, I tried for pics, but the ol guy isn't that quick flipper. She's the dot in the center. Flipper!!!!!
Then, three hours later, I go to the bait shop again, and ask directions to the Pitt St. Bridge, here close again. This place is an old trolley bridge build in civil war times to get to Sullivans Is. It is now converted to a walkway and pier to the Intercoastal waterway. Feet and bikes only. Cool Place, no fish, try tomorrow a.m.
This is such a cool place. Thanks for reading. Tim

doesn't look like there's much "meat" on the flounder. Maybe just a square hunk out of the middle? Although that could be the butt, i suppose.
Let me know.

Post a Comment