« Home | Will this saga ever end? Almost » | All I want for Christmas is a snowplow--Part two » | operation snowplow PART ONE » | Florida: To escape the brutal winter temps in SC! » | SCARY BEYOND BELIEF » | Finsup! » | On the Planet » | Epic Songs » | Floundering in South Carolina » | BLUE Ridge Parkway from Dad-fresh from the car on ... »

Oh where is my Toothbrush!!

My friends always ask me for a funny Shannon story.
Heres the one for Christmas.

Shannon was lucky enough to get a brand new box of crayons as well as a new pad of paper to draw on.

One day while we were snowed in and tired of knifty knitting, Shannon and I decided to color a picture. We carefully opened the box and he chose green, then blue and instead of letting him have all of them I chose to "trade off each color" and it was going pretty well.

In the meantime while we were exchanging, the rest of the family wanted to get out of the house and go to mall before Kris has to leave for work. So everyone except Shannon and I, began to get ready. I kept Shannon pre-occupied while they got dressed and ready. This was going pretty well until Shannon decided to carry the purple crayon in his mouth. The faster I moved to grab it the faster he ran away from me. So I pulled the old "bait and Switch." Trade Rupert for the crayon. No deal! I up the ante, Rupert and two hotwheels cars. Ok now he is interested and I notice his lips are sort of a purple blue color and the crayon is turning to mush in his mouth. I make the swap and grab the gooey extra large purple projectile before he swipes his way down the side of Mom and Dad's new couches. But as I grab it a little tiny globule ( the size of a pencil eraser falls to the carpet and as I try to pick it up, it smears and is getting worse the more I try to scrub it. I revert to my childhood and the trick my own son would do---I put the hot wheels race track over it and act as though it never happened. I hide the purple gob, but I still feel as though I have saved the day. Let the couches live yet another spot free day.
At this moment, Kris comes to take Shannon to get dressed. I notice Shannon seems to be chewing on something and Kris innocently says," whats he snacking on?" I answer rather easily, " Purple crayon, dont worry they are non toxic, but I just barely saved your couch." He gives me the standard, " Mom I have no idea what you are talking about, but ok."

Pretty soon, as I am getting my shoes on, I hear Kris call to Tamara in that I am almost going to panic way, Tamara come here. I hear her move at lightening speed and then run into the bathroom, water running, Tamara runs back to Shannons room.
I polite ask," Is everything ok?"
No, Mom everything is not ok. Look at this, Shannon comes out of his room in his fathers arms, With Shannon holding his toothbrush in his mouth.
Kris says, " Show Grammie your toothbrush," and there is the prettiest purple toothbrush with a hunk of purple crayon on the end of it.
I cant help but laugh, but Father is not laughing. Its only 2 more days until we leave but I have this feeling that maybe we should start packing now.
Whats a little purple crayon in the digestive track anyway. Yummy. and again, atleast the couches are safe.
And then I find out theres another rule I have been breaking. He is not suppose to get up on the coffee table and dance, especially in socks.
EGAD No purple crayon snack, no dancing---
how can I remember all these rules?